Custom Email & SMTP
Scaleo has 2 types of Email communication:
- System Notifications. For example: Welcome Email, Offer Request status, etc.
- Marketing Emails. Emails sent when new Announcement added, Mailroom Emails (will be added at 4q 2021).
User can Unsubscribe from either System or Marketing emails, by clicking Unsubscribe link at the corresponding email. For example, if user clicks Unsubscribe within Announcement email, he will be unsubscribed from Marketing emails only, but still will receive System emails.
Custom Email From
The clients on any Plan can change the Email From address used for both System and Marketing emails. By default this email is
- Choose an Email address you would like to use for Email From. You should be able to receive emails on it. We recommend to use shared emails like: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.
Contact us via Email or Livechat and provide Email address you want to set.
You will receive a Verification Email from Amazon Web Services (our SMTP provider). Please click on Verification Link to validate the Email address.
It is possible to use your own SMTP server to send emails. Please send us the following credentials:
Improving Deliverability and Inboxing
- Email content. Make sure your emails are not look like a spam and always use recipient name at the beginning of every email. Emails Templates can be found here: Settings > Email Templates
- SPF Record. If you use Scaleo default STMP, please add the following DNS record for your Domain Management Panel:
HOST: @ or domain or blank (depending on your DNS provider)
TYPE: TXT VALUE: "v=spf1 include:amazonses.com ~all"